The time of the year is coming when it gets colder and darker… and you will find yourself in a constant need for warming up and spending more and more evenings at home. What do to on such homy nights? The answer for us is very simple: mulled wine! You have never done it before? Below you will find a simple recipe for a delicious mulled wine!
- 1 bottle of sweet wine (it can even be a low-priced Kadarka)
- 2 oranges
- honey or sugar
- cinnamon (in a stick is the best!)
- cardamon (if you find the whole grains, it would be better)
- clove (in Polish: goździki)
- ginger (also, the fresh one will be the best)
- optionally: orange liquor or red martini
How to make it:
- Prepare a pot and pour there 2/3 of the bottle of wine.
- Add the spices: cinnamon, cardamon, clove (7-8 pieces should be enough, but it depends on personal taste), a few slices of ginger (3-4). If you couldn’t buy fresh spices, you can use the powdered ones – in that case, one spoon of cinnamon, one spoon of cardamon, and a little spoon (or half of a spoon) of ginger should be enough.
- Put 2 full spoons of honey or 3 full spoons of sugar (it can be a little bit less or a little bit more, depends on how sweet is the wine you’ve bought).
- Stir it all and start boiling – but remember, slowly – on a small gas or a low temperature on an electric hob. It cannot start boiling!
- Once you spot steam coming out of your mixture, turn down your cooker, and add the remaining 1/3 bottle of wine to it (then stir it.)
- Put slices of oranges in the mugs and pour the wine from the pot.
- Try it! At this point, if you want it to have a more distinctive taste, you can add 50 ml of orange liquor or red martini to each portion!
Now the only thing you shall do is take your mulled wine with you, head out to the bed or a couch, cover yourself with a blanket and turn on Netflix! You check out the article about our recommendations for Polish movies on Netflix in the article under the link below:
The best Polish movies on Netflix to watch