Here we present to you some aspects that you should take into consideration before coming to Poland.
What you should take with you to Poland: a list of things you may need to make a smooth start to your #erasmus adventure!
- basic medicines you need, so in case of a cold you will not have to look for a pharmacy in your first days
- towels – even if you’re renting a flat, the owner will not provide them as is not standard equipment of apartments in Poland
- a photo (like to ID card) – you will need it in several situations, f.ex you may need it to get your students card, transportation card etc
- Polish currency in cash (polish zloty PLN) – at the beginning there are a lot of expenses and it is good to have money in case of brokerage of the debit card
- Bank card with extended limits – make sure you changed limits on your card. There is usually small daily/ weekly/monthly/ limit on your card for withdrawal money abroad. It’s for your own protection. But in the first month, you may need to pay a deposit for an apartment, buy some books/ materials for study etc.
- Proper clothes, especially if you’re coming for the winter semester. We do have heavy winters so warm cloths are a must!
- Umbrella – you should have it all the time nearby, you’ll definitely need it!
In the next article, you’ll find out more about weather conditions in Poland and must-have clothing!
Stay in touch!